Monday, April 17, 2006

The Cadbury Messiah

Well, I hope you all enjoyed your Cadbury Creme Egg Omlettes and communed with the deity (marshmallow or otherwise) of your choice.

I for one believe that it is the Church of Hallmark that perpetuates our constant incorporation of every holiday which ever existed into some bland, commercialized excuse to buy greeting cards and those spooky hummel-figures that have the eyes that follow you wherever you go in the room...!

There have been centuries of discourse on the development of institutionalized religion - but no amount of science on one hand and speaking in tongues or faith in the heart of hearts on the other is likely to find one side laying down arms and joining the other (the odd offshoot of Intelligent Design notwithstanding).

So, I must retire to the study, pour myself a nice single malt, and break open the Peeps while pondering the meaning of life, multi-colored avian embreos and the 7 hours of "History of the Bible" etc that I am going embark on with the History and Discovery Channels.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Gin and Tonic said...

Wow, Scott really likes to Blarket on strangers blogs, doesn't he? I DO have your creative writing skills, progressive talent, and self-discipline, and I think I deserve an honest compliment.

I probably won't be sending anyone any business their way. Sorry.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Brian,
Let me be the first to say - your lawn is lovely.

That's an honest compliment!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home