Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I recieved a "sign" today.
It was early morning - I was browsing through the market next to my office, being a good hunter-gatherer for sustenance for the day, when I stumbled upon it.

Its a bad sign for the "vision" of MGM Home Entertainment when they decide that supermarket kiosks are the best way to sell DVDs- in case, while looking for frozen peas, you decide you just can't live without a copy of Agent Cody Banks or The Shanghai Cobra ... but, as I walked down the row - there it was. A copy of the Hughes Brothers "American Pimp."

I thought, I just can't walk out without getting a copy of $9.99 goodness. The story of Filmore Slim, Rosebudd, the Archibishop Don "Magic" Juan, and other "macks" out there in the game. I had to buy it.

What better statement on the Syndicate lifestle is there, than a little pimpin for breakfast?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Gin and Tonic said...

I saw Americam Pimp at Cinema 21 in Portland. Let's just say, it was an appropriate setting.

"Where's my money, bitch!"

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost feel proud to have worked on the acquisition documents for that fine piece of American cinematic history.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home